2017-18 292 Registration Is Open!!!
The 2017-18 292 program registration is now closed. Travel team registration remains open. The history of the 292 program can be found on the “292-Travel Team” page on this site.
The 292 program is for rising 2017-18 7th-12th graders. You do not have to be in the 292 program to be part of the Stealers’ travel teams for 2017-18.
The regular cost for the 2018 Travel Team is $450.00. Registration can be paid as follows:
- In Full: $450.00
- Half Payment (pay 1/2 to register and 1/2 after six months): $225.00
- Four quarterly payments (pay 1/4 to register and once every three months): $112.50
- Twelve monthly payments: $37.50
Registration is below.
Participants in the Stealers For Life program need to email Coach Robinson to sign up for the 2017-18 292 program.
292 meetings for the fall season have concluded. The meetings ran from August – October.
There will be a parent interest meeting to cover tournament schedules, coaches for the 2018 season, practice days and times, etc… on Saturday, January 20th at 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM at the Gateway YWCA (located at 1300 S. Main Street / Winston-Salem, NC 27127).
The 9:00 meeting will be for 7th and 8th graders and the 10:00 meeting will be for 9th-12th graders.
2018 travel team tryout dates for those interested in the 7th grade introductory travel team (no national travel, plays locally, team stays together from late February – September):
- Tryout Dates: TBA
2018 travel team tryout dates will be as follows for the 8th-12th grades:
- Monday, March 12 from 6:30-8:30
- Tuesday, March 13 from 7:30-8:45
- Wednesday, March 14 from 6:30-8:30
All tryouts will be held at the Gateway YWCA. Teams will be posted on Thursday, March 15th at TBA.
2018 Travel Team Coaches (list will update until February 2018):
- Trish Grant, 11th/12th Grade, practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30-8:45
- Rebecca Role, 9th/10th Grade: practices: TBA.
- T.J. Eggers, Team Grade: TBA, practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from TBA
- Brittany Cox, Team Grade: 8th Grade, practices: TBA. (Assistant Coach Jennifer O’Brien) – Original coach was to be Coach Rizoti, but a decision was made to keep Coach Rizoti at the high school level.
- Merritt Rizoti, Team Grade: 11th/12th Grade, practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:15-7:30
2018 Travel Team Tournament Schedules (10-11 Tournaments Total; 9 dates posted so far) – Scheduled is subject to change:
- April 13-14: Spring Showcase in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- April 19-22: Deep South Classic in Raleigh, North Carolina
- July 6-7: Peach State Summer Kickoff in Atlanta, Georgia
- July 10-13: Battle in the ‘Boro in Louisville, Kentucky
- July 22-25: USJN in Washington, DC (U16, U17)
- July 23-25: ASGR The Big Event in Suwanee, GA (U13-U15)
- July 27-28: Stealers DI Showcase in Winston-Salem
- September 22-24: Peach State End of the Road in Atlanta, Georgia
- September 23: Stealers Fall Showcase in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2017 Notes for Reference:
- We had four (4) national travel teams: Role, Grant, Davis, and Rizoti. “National” meaning playing in the Deep South Classic in the spring and across the southeast in July (Grant/Rizoti teams also went to Pennsylvania).
- We also had three (3) transitional travel teams: Mulqueeny, O’Brien and Cox that played a mix of local invitationals (the majority of games at the Gateway YWCA) and a few college-exposure events (all at the Gateway YWCA). The “Mulqueeny” team participated in the Deep South Classic and in one national tournament in July (in Georgia).
- We had eighty-one (81) players participate on our seven (7) teams. Some teams had as many as thirteen (13) players on a team.
2018 Roster Goal:
- Eleven (11) players per team with a maximum of twelve (12) players and a minimum of eight (8) players.
Tryout Roster Note:
- There will be a cut-off limit on the number of players allowed to tryout. That limit will be posted somewhere between January – February.
- After the October 31st 292 deadline, there will be open registration for those wanting to be on a travel team only.
- We will not take walk-up at the door registrations on the night(s) of tryouts.
- The cost to participate in tryouts to be just on a travel team only (no 292) will be posted after October 31st.
292 2017-18 Registrations (in alphabetical order) – Maximum number of participants (apx.) is 77 players (11 players = 7 teams)
23 spots remain open.
- Murphy Andrews
- Meghan Anthony
- Natalie Axtell
- Lauren Bevis
- Catherine Byun
- Parker Childress
- Katie Cothran
- Alisa Davenport
- Mary Davis
- Caroline Deal
- Katie Deal
- Emily Elder
- Kyndall Ellison
- Jaclyn Faucette
- Amanda Finch
- Jackie Futrell
- Brittney Gammons
- Taylor Gantt
- Alana Gary
- Hope Grimes
- Tyler Hackney
- Grace Harriman
- Emily Hege
- Haley Hill
- Gillian Hinkle
- Caroline Houpe
- Abigail Hoyle
- Annie Kelly
- Abby Kennedy
- Emma Kiger
- Elizabeth Knox
- Olivia Kuhner
- Cadence Lawson
- Aniah McManus
- Francesca Moya
- Isa Pardino
- Sofia Pardino
- Hannah Parker
- McKinley Rice
- Hailey Rivers
- Kristen Roberts
- Sydney Roberts
- Brooke Schaffer
- Callie Scheier
- Maddie Scheier
- Elissa Segers
- La’Niya Simes
- Brianna Shillito
- Elaine Smith
- Madison Spruill
- Elle Sutphin
- Madi Tyree
- Emma Walker
- Amira Williams