2017-18 292 Registration Is Open!!!
2017-18 292 registration is now open. The history of the 292 program can be found on the “292-Travel Team” page on this site.
Registration costs for the 2017-18 292 program will be $550.00 for the season. You can pay in installments as follows:
- In Full: $550.00
- Half (2 Payments): $275.00
- Quarterly (4 Payments): $137.50
- Monthly: $46.00 (each month for 12 months)
Players that want to be registered for the 292 2017-18 season must be registered by November 1, 2017. The cost to just play on the travel team without 292 is $425.00. There is a discount for non-292 travel team members of $375.00 available for a short time in October.
The 292 program is for rising 2017-18 7th-12th graders. You do not have to be in the 292 program to be part of the Stealers’ travel teams for 2017-18.
Participants in the Stealers For Life program need to email Coach Robinson to sign up for the 2017-18 292 program.
292 meetings for the fall season run from August – October. Meetings dates are beginning to be posted below, and parents/guardians need to email Tammy at email@example.com for a meeting time and day. Meetings are 45 minutes in length (at the most). Parents/guardians are asked to bring the 2017-18 292 information form with them (ask Tammy for the form). Players are encouraged to be present at the meeting, but are not required to attend. Meetings are held at the Gateway YWCA (located at 1300 S. Main Street / Winston-Salem, NC 27127). There is no charge to meet and you don’t have to be a member of the Winston-Salem Stealers or 292 program to request a meeting.
- Wednesday, August 2: 7:15 (Harriman), 8:00 (Rice)
- Monday, August 7: 7:15 (Segers), 8:00 (Roberts)
- Wednesday, August 9: 7:15 (Sutphin), 8:00 (Walker)
- Monday, August 14: 7:15 (Moya), 8:00 (Byun)
- Wednesday, August 16: 7:15 (Scheier), 8:00 (Hill)
- Monday, August 21: 7:15 (Gary), 8:00 (Hackney)
- Wednesday, August 23: 7:15 (Axtell), 8:00 (Gammons)
- Monday, August 28: 5:00 (Elder)
- Tuesday, September 5: 6:00 (Grimes), 6:45 (Davenport), 7:30 (McManus)
- Wednesday, September 13: 5:30 (Gantt), 6:15 (Childress), 7:00 (Cothran)
- Tuesday, September 19: 5:15 (Kiger), 6:00 (Schaffer)
- Monday, September 25: 5:30 (Williams), 6:15 (Finch), 7:00 (Hoyle)
- Wednesday, September 27: 5:30 (Andrews), 6:15 (Tyree), 7:00 (Faucette)
- Tuesday, October 3: 5:15 (Knox), 6:45 (Kelly)
- Tuesday, October 10: 5:15 (Smith), 6:00 (Hege), 6:45 (Bevis)
- Monday, October 16: 5:30 (Bowen)
- Tuesday, October 17: 6:00 (Rivers), 6:45 (Curran), 7:30 (Houpe)
- Monday, October 23: 5:15 (Ellison), 6:00 (Hinkle), 6:45 (Parker)
- Tuesday, October 24: 6:00 (Pardino), 6:45 (Kinsley), 7:30 (Deal)
There will be a parent interest meeting to cover tournament schedules, coaches for the 2018 season, practice days and times, etc… on Saturday, January 20th at 10:00 AM at the Gateway YWCA (located at 1300 S. Main Street / Winston-Salem, NC 27127).
2018 travel team tryout dates will be as follows for the 8th-12th grades:
- Monday, March 12 from 6:30-8:30
- Tuesday, March 13 from 7:30-8:45
- Wednesday, March 14 from 6:30-8:30
All tryouts will be held at the Gateway YWCA. Teams will be posted on Thursday, March 15th at TBA.
2018 Travel Team Coaches (list will update until February 2018):
- Trish Grant, 11th/12th Grade, practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30-8:45
- Rebecca Role, Team Grade: TBA, practices: TBA.
- T.J. Eggers, Team Grade: TBA, practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from TBA
- Brittany Cox, Team Grade: TBA, practices: TBA. (Assistant Coach Jennifer O’Brien).
2018 Travel Team Tournament Schedules (10-11 Tournaments Total; 6 dates posted so far):
- April 13-14: Spring Showcase in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- April 19-22: Deep South Classic in Raleigh, North Carolina
- July 6-7: Peach State Summer Kickoff in Atlanta, Georgia
- July 8: Stealers Sunday Showcase in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- July 10-13: Battle in the ‘Boro in Louisville, Kentucky
- September 22-24: Peach State End of the Road in Atlanta, Georgia
- September 23: Stealers Fall Showcase in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
2017 Notes for Reference:
- We had four (4) national travel teams: Role, Grant, Davis, and Rizoti. “National” meaning playing in the Deep South Classic in the spring and across the southeast in July (Grant/Rizoti teams also went to Pennsylvania).
- We also had three (3) transitional travel teams: Mulqueeny, O’Brien and Cox that played a mix of local invitationals (the majority of games at the Gateway YWCA) and a few college-exposure events (all at the Gateway YWCA). The “Mulqueeny” team participated in the Deep South Classic and in one national tournament in July (in Georgia).
- We had eighty-one (81) players participate on our seven (7) teams. Some teams had as many as thirteen (13) players on a team.
2018 Roster Goal:
- Eleven (11) players per team with a maximum of twelve (12) players and a minimum of eight (8) players.
Tryout Roster Note:
- There will be a cut-off limit on the number of players allowed to tryout. That limit will be posted somewhere between January – February.
- After the October 31st 292 deadline, there will be open registration for those wanting to be on a travel team only.
- We will not take walk-up at the door registrations on the night(s) of tryouts.
- The cost to participate in tryouts to be just on a travel team only (no 292) will be posted after October 31st.
292 2017-18 Registrations (in alphabetical order)
- Murphy Andrews
- Meghan Anthony
- Natalie Axtell
- Catherine Byun
- Parker Childress
- Katie Cothran
- Alisa Davenport
- Mary Davis
- Caroline Deal
- Katie Deal
- Emily Elder
- Amanda Finch
- Brittney Gammons
- Alana Gary
- Hope Grimes
- Tyler Hackney
- Grace Harriman
- Emily Hege
- Haley Hill
- Abigail Hoyle
- Annie Kelly
- Emma Kiger
- Elizabeth Knox
- Cadence Lawson
- Aniah McManus
- Francesca Moya
- Isa Pardino
- Sofia Pardino
- Hannah Parker
- McKinley Rice
- Brooke Schaffer
- Callie Scheier
- Maddie Scheier
- Elissa Segers
- La’Niya Simes
- Brianna Shillito
- Elaine Smith
- Elle Sutphin
- Madi Tyree
- Emma Walker
- Amira Williams