The Stealers will hold a 3 on 3 tournament on Wednesday, December 26th.
Grades 6-8 can participate.
There will be a limit of 24 participants per day. Each team will play between 4-6 games during the day.
The December 26th games will be from 5:00-7:00.
The cost to participate is $25.00 for one day or $35.00 for both days. There is a Stealers For Life Discount of $15.00 for one day and $20.00 for both days.
League rules are as follows:
- Games are ten minutes long, running clock.
- One 30 second timeout per game with an additional timeout for overtime.
- Timeouts can only be called on a dead ball.
- Games are scored as follows: a normal two point basket in regulation five-on-five basketball is counted as one point in 3 on 3; a normal three point basket in regulation five-on-five basketball is counted as two points in 3 on 3.
- The first team to score 21 points is the winner.
- If neither team scores 21 points when regulation time is over, the winner is determined by which team has the most points.
- There will be a 12 second shot clock if the ball is being held too long by one team (this will be discussed after the first set of games are played if necessary).
- Individual fouls will not be recorded, however team fouls will. On the seventh team foul the opponent shoot two free throws. On the tenth team foul the opponent will shoot two free throws and get the ball.
- All dead balls have a re-start with a “check” at the top of the key to start play.
- Overtime winner is for the first team to score two points.
- Game starts with a jump shot to see who gets possession. If the jump shot is made, the team is the winner and now has the option of taking the ball first in regulation or taking the ball first in overtime.
- Any jump balls during the game, the defense is awarded the ball.
- After a basket is scored, the team getting the next possession has to clear the ball past the three point line before they can shoot. The ball can be dribbled or passed out beyond the three point line. This means that as the ball goes through the basket, the ball IS NOT to be taken out of bounds, but instead gathered by the team that was on defense and then dribbles or passes it beyond the three point line. The ball can be stolen as it is being dribbled or passed by the now offensive team.
December 26th team rosters:
- Team 1: Isabella Albany, Kelly Goliber, Elliott Jessup, Grace Galyon, Alexandra Shen, Aaralyn Russell (6)
- Team 2: Destiny Thompson, Taylor Shen, Navaeh Fears, Abby Hunter, Marissa Vernon (5)
- Team 3: Adelaide Jernigan, Journie Barr, Yasmine Paige, Sofia Pardino, Savannah Gilliam, Sasha Burey (6)
- Team 4: Trista Charles, Lauren Shen, Caroline Lennon, Isabella Ross, Madeline Levy (5)
December 26th game schedule (rosters will be posted following December 22nd games):
- 5:00 Team 1 vs. Team 2 / Team 3 vs. Team 4
- 5:20 Team 1 vs. Team 3 / Team 2 vs. Team 4
- 5:40 Team 2 vs. Team 3 / Team 1 vs. Team 4
- 6:00 Semifinals: #1 seed ___________ vs. #4 seed ____________ / #2 seed ____________ vs. #3 seed ______________
- 6:20 Championship Game: 6:00 Winners:_________________ vs. ________________
December 26 Registrations
- Isabella Albany
- Journie Barr
- Sasha Burey
- Trista Charles
- Navaeh Fears
- Grace Galyon
- Savannah Gilliam
- Kelly Goliber
- Marlena Hall
- Abby Hunter
- Adelaide Jernigan
- Elliott Jessup
- Caroline Lennon
- Madeline Levy
- Yasmine Paige
- Sofia Pardino
- Isabella Ross
- Aaralyn Russell
- Alexandra Shen
- Lauren Shen
- Taylor Shen
- Destiny Thompson
- Marissa Vernon