USA Basketball Youth Developmental Group Skills returns this spring. The program will run for an hour and a half and will include group skill sessions, refereed games, an option to attend the USA Basketball National Tournament in Westfield, Indiana in July and a secured spot in one of our professional player camps in 2019.
Our program hosted USA Basketball Youth Developmental Group Skills in 2015-16. The 2015-16 program did not offer refereed games or the national tournament opportunity. As far as professional player camps go, former UConn stars Sue Bird (in 2015) and Stefanie Dolson (in 2017) visited the Gateway YWCA.
The 2019 program will run as follows:
- 7:00-7:50 Group Skills – to have a consistent skills program while the season is taking place.
- 8:00-8:30 Intramural play – an opportunity for players to apply their skills during in-game situations. Several parents have asked what’s the best way for their child to gain confidence and apply their skills work to games. This program should be a solid option to do just that.
- An option for each player to note on their registration form whether they plan on attending the third annual USA Basketball Youth National Tournament in Westfield, Indiana July 17-21. Players are not required to attend. Should we receive at least eight “Yes” answers on the registration forms, we will try to put a team together, assuming the grades and ages are close enough together to play in either the U12, U13, 9th or 10th grade divisions. Should we have enough, parents / guardians will receive enough notice to make plans to attend.
- A secured spot, with no additional fee, to attend a professional player camp that we host.
There will be ten sessions that run on Wednesdays from March – May and then another set of sessions in August also on Wednesdays at the same time. All sessions will be held at the Gateway YWCA.
Note: if you are signed up for the 2019 regular group skills that run at 5:00 or 6:00 on Wednesdays beginning March 27th, there is discounted cost if your daughter plans on participating in this program.
Schedule (all sessions 7:00-8:30 at the Gateway YWCA, 1300 S. Main Street):
- March 27
- April 3
- April 10
- April 17
- April 24
- May 1
- May 8
- May 15
- May 22
- May 29
- August 7
- August 14
- August 21
- August 28
Fourteen sessions and fourteen game nights.
Costs are as follows:
- $75.00 / month: March, April May, August
- $285.00 if paying for all four months up front.
- $160.00 if registered for the 5:00 or 6:00 group skills.
There is a forty player limit. This is not a Stealers For Life Program.
- Grace Harriman (8th)
- Haley Hill (9th)
- Caroline Lennon (7th)
- Mary Grace Lipscomb (8th)
- Zarah Love (5th)
- Sofia Pardino (8th)
- Marissa Vernon (7th)